home: trend [ floral x geo ]
Last year we saw a lot of floral and tropical prints on soft furnishings and in art, as well as geometric pattern continuing to be a popular choice. This year sees the two prints combined creating a clashing mix of colour, pattern and style.
Larger more bold florals are appearing on wallpapers and bed linens. Layer this up with geometric soft furnishings and accessories.
A great place to start is with a statement wallpaper, combined with plain furniture and then accessorized with geo pattern. Fill the walls with art, either more floral or geo inspired. The more it clashes the better.
Brass and copper tones work great when considering smaller pieces of furniture. A glass or marble topped coffee table or side table will help bring this trend together. Its very over the top and works best with darker interiors.
You can go big, or small with this trend. Keep it more subtle on bedding or perhaps a couple of floral cushions on a sofa combined with a geometric rug for example.
1. Pendant shade from made.com [ £45 ]
2. Wallpaper from cole-and-son.com
3. Bedding from anthropologie.com [ from £148 ]
4. Coffee table from grahamandgreen.com [ £370 ]
5. Rug from anthropologie.com [ from £168 ]
6. Wine rack from oliverbonas.com [ £35 ]
7. Rug from habitat.com [ £250 ]
8. Print from desenio.co.uk [ £9.99 ]
9. Bedding from hm.com [ £39.99 ]