home: trend [ Fresh Nautical ]
The Nautical trend is back, but this time with a more simple feel. It’s less about marine animals, rope features and bunting, and focuses on stripes [ of varying width ] and subtle hints to the sea through ceramics and soft furnishings.
This trend shouldn’t make your room look themed. Cushions are a great place to start – mix and match different prints, or maybe place a searchlight inspired light in the corner of a room to get the look .
Colours to think about are Blue, Red, White and Grey, and fabrics are very utilitarian [ Linens and Wools ].
1. Bowl – Thomas Paul at magpieline.com [ £27 ]
2. Cushion cover – hm.com [ £3.99 ]
3. Rug – Ikea.com [ £15 ]
4. Light – made.com [ £129 ]
5. Blanket – labourandwait.co.uk [ £220 ]
6. Pendant shade – johnlewis.com [ £45 ]
7. Cushion – minimoderns.co.uk [ £35 ]
8. Wallpaper – Marimekko at johnlewis.com [ £49.95 ]