home: trend [ dark timbers ]
As with many trends they tend to drop in and out of taste, and this is true of wood tones in the home. We have seen a lot of lighter woods over the last year or so with mango and acacia being popular choices. Next year it’s the return of dark timbers, creating a richer interior.
Whether it’s tables, cabinets, wardrobes or bed frames it needs to be dark. everything from walnut vaneer to dark stains and even burnt finishes.
Creating a dark room isn’t for everyone, so consider where it will be most effective in your home. In a kitchen matching tones on units and floor sit great against a plain white wall. In a living room have a couple of key pieces of furniture, perhaps a coffee table and an armchair, keeping the soft furnishings light as a contrast, and of course introduce some colour.
If you really want to make a statement why not try a wood effect wallpaper. Burnt wood paneling looks great, especially in a smaller space. Create a moody feel or keep it fresh, this trend can adapt to all tastes, go as far as you want with it.
1. Tabletop planter – westelm.co.uk [ from £24 ]
2. Chest of drawers – made.com [ £449 ]
3. Lampshade – habitat.co.uk [ £35 ]
4. Side table – abigailahern.com [ from £90 ]
5. Chest of drawers – westelm.co.uk [ £899 ]
6. Wallpaper – rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £199 ]
7. Stool – grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £89 ]