home: trend [ contouring ]
The new year brings new pattern and texture to homeware. We have seen the popularity of marble and marble effect in 2016, and continuing with this trend we are starting to see more texture and patterns of nature in soft furnishings and ceramics.
Fall in love with natural lines through nature, rock formations and river beds, creating movement in flat surfaces like kitchen worktops and cupboard fronts.
Ceramics take on a more rustic feel with less perfect finishes and visible lines, through paint effects and a more handmade look.
These lines are seen in wood as well, with the grain being prominent on tables and lighting. For soft furnishings pick a strong pattern, either fluid or repeat on wall hangings, cushions and rugs.
With regards to colours, pale neutrals work best with this trend; greys and off whites with accents of aqua and copper.
1. Door front from ikea.com [ £48 ]
2. Table lamp from roseandgrey.co.uk [ £75 ]
3. Rug from ikea.com [ £175 ]
4. Print from desenio.co.uk [ from £7.99 ]
5. Pastry board from johnlewis.com [ £45 ]
6. Vase from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £39 ]
7. Wall hanging from society6.com [ from £33 ]