home: trend [ safari ]
Last Summer saw the brights of tropical prints, fruit and a lot of flamingos, with patterns full of palm leaves and more fruit. This year is as vibrant but a bit more muted when it comes to colours and this time round its all about safari.
Zebras, lions, elephants and hippos replace pineapples and falmingos when it comes to ornaments, lighting and accessories. Printed wallpapers focus on leopards and big cats in bold yellow, oranges and burgandy.
Rather than going overboard with an array of clashing patterns consider introducing small pops of colour and print throughout the room. Use animal art work mixed with other photos and prints for a nod to this trend [ Desenio do some great priced posters ]. Combine this with brown leather on chairs and brass tables & shelving.
Bring in a bunch of faux palms and grass reeds and you have the look. Go as full on as you like, but be careful it doesn’t feel themed. Keep it relaxed and eclectic.
1. Safari chair from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £195 ]
2. Storage trunk from habitat.co.uk [ £40 ]
3. Hippo candle holder from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £42 ]
4. Leopard wallpaper from tindesign.co.uk [ £80 ]
5. Brass side table from westelm.co.uk [ £126 ]
6. Zebra print from desenio.co.uk [ from £11.95 ]
7. Cushion from hm.com [ £12.99 ]
8. Elephant lamp from grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £155 ]
9. Image via pinterest