home: trend [ finish it in black ]
As more and more people are turning to dark interiors for inspiration Black is becoming a popular choice whem accessorising a room. Whether its small accessories like vases and ornaments, tables and chairs or wall coverings and paint, black is the shade of choice.
Mix high gloss with matte finishes to create tone and collect a selection of black items to display in one space.
The kitchen is a great place to introduce black as there are so many surfaces to play with as well as including electricals, tableware and cutlery. Of course mix with white for a more monochrome feel or combine with dark wood, copper or brass additions.
If you are daring enough, and there is no reason why you shouldn’t be go full on black throughout a room. This especially works well in a bedroom, where most of the time you spend in there is in the dark anyway. Going dark creates a cosy space and doesn’t always – as a lot of people expect -make a room feel smaller.
1. Rattan chair from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £195 ]
2. Vanity mirror from futureandfound.com [ £39 ]
3. Ceiling light from habitat.co.uk [ £55 ]
4. Lamp shade from made.com [ £29 ]
5. Desk from westelm.co.uk [ £399 ]
6. Smeg fridge freezer from johnlewis.com [ £1999 ]
7. Armchair from ikea.com [ £190 ]
8. Vase from hm.com [ £17.99 ]