home: trend [ Red ]
With new colour trends appearing all the time its hard to keep up. Decorating whole rooms to the latest shades is not always an option, so instead it’s a great time to start introducing accessories and accents.
A big colour choice for now, going into next year is Red. Not an easy one to work with, so our advice is to keep it simple. Red is a colour that is going to shout out within a room, so make sure the pieces you choose enhance the space, not clutter it.
A statement clock or cabinet will draw attention in a room, as well as an armchair or sofa. Perhaps opt for a painted wall, a chalky matt finish will tone the effect down and in turn will create a more subtle finish.
A monochrome, white walled room is going to act as the best back drop to red accessories, but an industrial look also looks great with red light fittings or tiles, ideal in a kitchen.
Whatever your thoughts on the colour Red there is no doubting it’s uplifting and fun. We are on board!
1. Cabinet from ikea.com [ £70 ]
2. Pendant lamp by Muuto from ambientedirect.com [ £95 ]
3. Sofa from made.com [ £649 ]
4. Vase from habitat.co.uk [ £15 ]
5. Clock by Newgate from amara.com [ £75 ]
6. Chair from futureandfound.com [ £219 ]
7. Side table from ikea.com [ £20 ]
8. Cushion by Bella Freud from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £160 ]
9. Cabinet by Kartell from heals.com [ from £72 ]