home: trend [ vintage lighting ]
The trend for vintage lighting doesn’t mean necessarily trawling vintage markets and auction sites, unless you want to. Modern stores have a huge wealth of vintage style lighting replicating styles from the 1940s to the 1980s at anywhere from bargain prices to high end design. There’s many options to get ‘the look’ for your home.
Vintage style (or actual vintage) lighting gives a unique look to the home and creates a statement.
Industrial, retro, vintage and Art Deco Style pieces can sit great in a modern setting. Look for statement pieces for centre of a room, group together multiple industrial pendants in a kitchen or use great vintage wall lights against a dark wall.
1. Rope and bulb // £78.59 LightInTheBox
2. Treviso light // £99 Swoon
3. Industrial Pendant Light // £126.72 MadeToLast
4. Vintage industrial style // LightInTheBox £21.43 (reduced from £46.21)
5. Vintage French Atomic // £250 HomePlace
6. Single vintage style bulb // £9.99 NotOnTheHighstreet
Favourite store, HomePlace, has a great selection of real vintage lighting – originals. They take the work out of hunting down unique pieces yourself.
The incredible piece above might be sold but there’s plenty more great lighting to browse at HomePlace