home: trend [ Art Deco ]
Following on from the beginning of this year Art deco inspired interiors are still big. Introducing this 1920s look into your home will bring glamour and opulence, wether a small corner or a whole room.
You can hint at this trend or go full on, but be careful not to over indulge as you don’t want it to look themed or staged. This look focuses mainly on two key areas, pattern and furniture, with bold gold designs set against black and rich blue backgrounds on wallpapers and art.
The furniture comes in the form of drinks trolleys and statement armchairs. A good place to start is with a classic round trolley with marble shelves, a design that mixes straight lines and circles, very much echoing the strong print designs of the Art Deco era.
Combine this with a statement chair – velvet is a must – with brass or gold legs and you will have the perfect start to the look. Keep the walls dark to create more drama with dark green, blues and of course black.
Accessories to consider would be classic angled mirrors and perhaps a quirky lamp influenced by the 1920s. As well as this you could continue the feel with soft furnishings like a fringed pillow [ pictured ].
1. Fringed pillow case from hm.com [ £8.99 ]
2. Wallpaper from cole-and-son.com
3. Butterfly picture from miafleur.com [ £75 ]
4. Drinks trolley from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £395 ]
5. Print from desenio.co.uk [ £22.95 ]
6. Lamp from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £87 ]
7. Wallpaper from iwantwallpaper.co.uk [ £15.99 ]
8. Armchair from sweetpeaandwillow.com [ £1090 ]
9. Mirror from dunelm.com [ £70 ]