home: trend [ aquatic ]
At the start of next year we will be seeing a lot of cool blues, greens, pearl white and pale grey, with print and pattern taking inspiration from the sea. Bring comfort and serenity into a room with soft accents of colour and lots of soft furnishings like throws, sheepskin and rugs.
A strong black and white pattern on furniture and cushions work perfectly against the blue, whether on a feature wall or furniture. Carefully choose the pieces to carry the bold colour, something like an armchair or bookcase in a living room or perhaps dining chairs in a kitchen. Layer different tones of blue and green bringing depth to your space.
Accessories like vases are a good place to start with some gorgeous pearlized finishes available in stores, in aqua greens and rich indigos. Bring in metalics like copper and zinc to add more interest to a room.
This trend is great for any room and can be adapted to suit the space. Aqua and turquoise can be overwhelming if over used but if used as an accent rather than a base you can create a beautiful modern space.
1. Cushion cover from hm.com [ £12.99 ]
2. Feather lampshade from skandivis.co.uk [ £84 ]
3. Acorn vase from miafleur.com [ £9.95 ]
4. Duvet cover set from ikea.com [ from £30 ]
5. Print from desenio.co.uk [ from £5.49 ]
6. Ceramic vase from habitat.co.uk [ £15 ]
7. Pair of chairs from made.com [ £59 ]