home: trend [ 1980s ]
Let’s step back in time and indulge ourselves in the ’80s, a decade of bold colour and print.
Perspex plays a major role, with neon furniture including chairs and tables. Add to this accessories such as light fittings, trays and wall hooks.
If the clashing colours aren’t for you, opt for something in clear plastic or white and get the colour and bold print from soft furnishings, like cushions and throws. [ The prints can be as crazy as you like, as can the colours. ]
This trend is fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously, ideal for a second living space or spare bedroom if it’s too much in a main room.
Alternatively get the look with one or two key pieces of furniture or a few accessories, and work with paint to inject a strong colour onto the walls.
1. Coat hooks – blockdesign.co.uk [ £14 ]
2. Tea towel set – futureandfound.com [ £15 ]
3. Acrylic chair – habitat.co.uk [ £175 ]
4. Plate – darkroomlondon.com [ £80 ]
5. Wall light – do-shop.com [ £250 ]
6. Chair – Ikea.com [ £40 ]
7. Pattern inspiration
8. Cushion – futureandfound.com [ £79 ]