home: found this [ lampshades ]
We spotted these quirky lampshades on oliverbonas.com and think they are pretty cool. The retro vibe pattern will make a happy and bright addition to any home.
The lamps come in three different hand drawn designs and are a great size to sit as bedside lamps or on a little corner table in a living room.
There is also a large floor lamp available if you fancy going a bit bolder.
[ Table lamp – £59 / Floor lamp – £135 ]
home: trend [ Energise ]
Another bright and vibrant trend for SS16 is ‘Energise’ – full of colour and fun.
Focus is on combining heavily printed ceramics and soft furnishings with strong statement furniture. Clash zesty yellows, orange and greens creating an explosion of tones.
Keep walls light and bring in colour with strong artwork and accessories like vases and pots.
Look for interesting detail with rope and leather on lighting, mirrors and accessories.
1. Marble doorstop – habitat.co.uk [ £20 ]
2. Print – indish.co.uk [ £35 ]
3. Armchair – Ikea.com [ £185 ]
4. Vase – futureandfound.com [ £22 ]
5. Robin Day armchair – johnlewis.com [ £59 ]
6. Mirror – nobleandwood.com [ £195 ]
7. Cushion cover – marimekko.com [ £45.50 ]
home: trend [ 1980s ]
Let’s step back in time and indulge ourselves in the ’80s, a decade of bold colour and print.
Perspex plays a major role, with neon furniture including chairs and tables. Add to this accessories such as light fittings, trays and wall hooks.
If the clashing colours aren’t for you, opt for something in clear plastic or white and get the colour and bold print from soft furnishings, like cushions and throws. [ The prints can be as crazy as you like, as can the colours. ]
This trend is fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously, ideal for a second living space or spare bedroom if it’s too much in a main room.
Alternatively get the look with one or two key pieces of furniture or a few accessories, and work with paint to inject a strong colour onto the walls.
1. Coat hooks – blockdesign.co.uk [ £14 ]
2. Tea towel set – futureandfound.com [ £15 ]
3. Acrylic chair – habitat.co.uk [ £175 ]
4. Plate – darkroomlondon.com [ £80 ]
5. Wall light – do-shop.com [ £250 ]
6. Chair – Ikea.com [ £40 ]
7. Pattern inspiration
8. Cushion – futureandfound.com [ £79 ]
home: trend [ Spring Living ]
It’s that time of year when the outdoors starts to come into full colour, and our homes should be no exception.
Spring Living brings a fresh and uplifting feel to a home, with the emphasis on colour – bright colour!
Vivid tones of blue, yellow, red and green clash with each other, paired with digital floral patterns.
Give your room a vibrant look with a statement sofa in lemon yellow, lay a multi-coloured printed rug or arrange a selection of glass bottles and vases in varying colours to hint at this trend. Go crazy or keep it subtle, it’s up to you.
Furniture should be sleek and simple, either in one bright colour or in light tones of wood like bamboo or white melamine, adding pops of colour through accessories.
1. Side table – habitat.co.uk [ £95 ]
2. Cone lamp – cultfurniture.com [ £45 ]
3. Orla Kiely cushion – johnlewis.com [ £35 ]
4. Rug – Ikea.com [ £35 ]
5. Sofa – made.com [ £899 ]
6. Cushion – habitat.co.uk [ £12 ]
7. Glass vase – hm.com [ £14.99 ]
8. Cushion cover – hm.com [ £12.99 ]