home: trend [ exotic ]
Another great trend for spring/summer is Exotic. A bright and vibrant trend full of print and texture. The main elements will come from the soft furnishings – floral and heavily patterned cushions, throws and rugs. Pile up cushions for depth on sofas and beds, with a statement rug as a focus in the middle of the room.
Accessories like bowls, vases and statement lighting help pull this look together. [ Check out West Elm ]
Wooden furniture, especially bamboo sit in this eastern influenced trend. Low units and tables work best in medium and dark woods.
Colours to consider are green, orange and purple with accents of gold and bronze, with texture coming from woven baskets and ceramics.
1. Oak unit – Habitat.co.uk [ £195 ]
2. HAY throw – reallywellmade.co.uk [ £145 ]
3. Printed bowl – Westelm.co.uk [ £12 ]
4. Cushion – made.com [ £30 ]
5. Matthew Williamson wallpaper – johnlewis.com [ £89 ]
6. Pendant light – thelittlehouseshop.co.uk [ £55 ]
7. Wool tassels – grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £6.50 ]
8. Cushion cover – hm.com [ £3.99 ]
9. Candle lantern – hm.com [ £12.99 ]