home: trend [ anything goes ]
We all buy and collect items for our homes that we love, but sometimes trying to create a specific style or look through different rooms can be difficult. This year a big trend is to go eclectic and have an ‘anything goes’ moto.
Mix different materials and textures together, old and new, soft nuetral tones with bright pops of colour.
With furniture look at combining a modern unit sat next to something more vintage – mid century style furniture works great.
Pick strong geometric or digital printed cushions or throws and mix with a traditional Egyptian rug.
To achieve this look you don’t have to worry too much about what you are placing where, it’s very much about dressing your rooms without rules.
Mix different chairs around a dining table, this way you get to have all the styles you like on one space, whether plastic, wooden or metal.
[ Use this same thinking when entertaining by mixing different printed plates and bowls so everybody gets a different combination ].
This trend is all about embracing various styles and playing with old and new. Sit industrial next to ornate and rustic next to minimal. Find the balance that works for you. Of course this look isn’t about a cluttered collection of pieces, it’s about cleverly pairing different styles in selected areas of a room.
1. Set of 4 baskets – violetandpercy.com [ £30 ]
2. Tan leather sofa – made.com [ £749 ]
3. Gold tray shelves – rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £99 ]
4. Embroidered cushion – hm.com [ £14.99 ]
5. Recycled basket – rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £17 ]
6. Lamp – howkapow.com [ £69.95 ]
7. Chair – grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £70 ]
8. Chest of drawers – habitat.co.uk [ £170 ]