home: trend [ marble ]
Marble is cool, clean and calming in an interior. It can add an extra dimension to white interiors and sits perfectly with the current popular copper, metallic and pastel trends.
It can be introduced in a subtle or strong way.
For a big impact use on walls or floor. There are some great modern marble wall papers and marble tiles can be effective on both walls and floors. We found some incredibly affordable vinyl self adhesive tiles from B&Q that would be a cost effective, quick way to introduce marble into a room. Tiles can be a great alternative to feature wall paper for a focus in a room.
For subtle hints of marble use small homewares including vases, dishes, trays or even a small feature shelf to add a little of this trend to a room. To combine a few great trends try using a large marble tray on a white coffee table with a cluster selection of candles in metallic or copper holders – to make a central feature to your lounge.
1. Using a splash back of marble can lift a minimal white kitchen with a gentle touch of texture.
2. Ferm Living marble wallpaper / £59.95 Naken
3. Marble night light holders / from £6.95 / Rigby + Mac
4. Marble rectangle ceramic plate / £6.99 / H&M
5. Marble melamine tray / £16.00 / Mia Fleur
6. Marble, glass + iron trolley / £395 / Oliver Bonas