home: trend [ denim ]
We love it when new paint colours are announced from Dulux, and for 2017 it’s Denim Drift. This lends itself perfectly to a new denim inspired trend for Autumn/ Winter 2016 running through to next year.
The great thing about this trend is that amongst the traditional washed denim colour you can bring in different tones to either bring drama or a subtle airy feel. Introduce blues through ceramics and accessories to hint at this trend. Marble and splattered paint effects look great in blue and can add interested to a shelf or table top.
Use soft furnishings in accent shades of blue against neutral tones of white, cream and grey. [ Try and avoid stripes as not to end up with a nautical feel ]
Bring drama to a room with a large piece of furniture in a deep blue, or paint a feature wall in a dark tone and add black, grey accessories like shelving and framed prints.
1. Painted vase – rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £29.95 ]
2. Candle – ikea.com [ £4 ]
3. Wool throw – ikea.com [ £39 ]
4. Image from Dulux
5. Sofa – habitat.co.uk [ £1400 ]
6. Image from Dulux
7. Image from Dulux
8. Bowl – oliverbonas.com [ £7 ]
9. Cushion cover – hm.com [ £6.99 ]
10. Glass vase – grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £27.95 ]
11. Pendant light – made.com [ £79 ]
12. Image from Dulux