home: trend [ Butterflies ]
This trend might not be for everyone but this season’s animal of choice is the Butterfly. Ever popular for its variations and colour the Butterfly is a happy motif that isn’t just for kids.
Whether on wallpaper, soft furnishings or printed on decorative objects the Butterfly print needs to be bold and full of colour. Don’t shy away from making a statement, cover a whole wall with a design. The Christian Laquoix wallpaper is a great example of this.
The easiest way to being Butterflies into your home is with art. There are some gorgeous prints available online including vintage charts and graphic digital prints. Build this trend up in stages, add other insect motifs creating a curated picture wall or soft furnishings and accessories in a corner of a room. Key colours to look out for are teal, turquoise, yellow, black and red.
1. Lampshade from amara.com [ £136 ]
2. Cushion from johnlewis.com [ £55 ]
3. Wall chart from whitemint.co.uk [ £40 ]
4. Print from roseandgrey.co.uk [ £28 ]
5. Trinket tray from trouva.com [ £12 ]
6. Cushion from houseology.com [ £130 ]
7. Taxidermy art from Miafluer.com [ £60 ]