home: trend [ faux finishes ]
Going faux is as popular as ever and with some great looks and finishes, being both practical and realistic there is no reason not to try it.
Whether it’s a cowhide printed sofa or a faux leather chair the options of faking it have increased. Faux flowers and plants have had a massive resurgence in the last couple of years. The realistic finish has improved massively and you would most definetly be making a investment.
People are looking for long lasting homeware that tick all the boxes of functionality, style and sustainability.
If you are dreaming of a wood panelled or red brick wall then now you can with wallpapers and faux panels. Abigail Ahern has a fab collection of textured wall panels. Choose from stone, slate or brick, or head to Rockett St George for gorgeous wallpapers to fake the look.
Engineered quartz makes a strong contender to marble when considerimg worktop finishes. It’s said to have better heat resistance and withstand acidic food better than Carrara marble.
Often these faux versions are cheaper than the real thing, and with some great examples in stores, you might start to question what’s real and what isn’t.
1. Faux fur throws from grahamandgreen.co.uk. [ £99 ]
2. Faux leather sofa from wayfair.co.uk [ £572 ]
3. Faux cowhide sofa from rockettstgeorge.co.uk [ £625 ]
4. Faux potted ferns from miafluer.co.uk [ £24.95 ]
5. Engineered quartz
6. Faux leather dining chair from dwell.co.uk [ £179 ]
7. Mock sheepskin rug from laredoute.co.uk [ £169 ]