home: trend [ layered rugs ]
Having rugs in the home is nothing new, but consider how you pick and use your rugs and the potential you have in using them. This year the focus is on layering, mixing pattern and textures to create a cosy curated room.
Layer two or three rugs together, either directly on top of one another if different sizes or overlap them to create a disjointed look. Regardless of how you choose to lay them, be sure to have interest in the patterns and texture.
Throw a sheepskin or high pile woolen kilim rug over the top of a jute rug for extreme texture. For a bohemian feel mix flatwoven patterned rugs or if you have a nuetral room opt for a couple of geometric prints.
Choose colours that compliment each other and prints that contrast, trying to make sure they are not so similar. You want it to be obvious that there is more than one rug being used.
1. Flatwoven rug from ikea.com [ £140 ]
2. Woven rug from westelm.co.uk [ from £249 ]
3. Low pile rug from ikea.com [ £60 ]
4. Jute rug from laredoute.co.uk [ from £89 ]
5. Patterned jute rug from laredoute.co.uk [ from £109 ]
6. Wool rug from habitat.co.uk [ £495 ]