home: trend [ Hang It ]
If it’s got a hook on the back if it hang it! That’s the basic rule to follow, with wall decor taking on a new style.
We all love a picture wall, framed prints and photos filling a space. Nothing wrong with that, although now there is so much more to display on our walls including hanging rings, macrame, baskets and planters. It’s nothing new, but a trend emerging currently is to soften a room with neutral tones and add the hanging items with materials to compliment – woods, rope, and metals with an artisan feel, almost hand crafted.
Plants play a large part, so get some baskets or metal rings and play around with faux or real succulents to create a relaxing space – ivy is great for this.
Feathers are popular, whether in art work, embroidery or hanging decor with the softeness and intricate design bringing interest and calm to a space.
Whatever you decide, the choice is out there. A great place to start is online marketplaces Trouva and Amara.
1. Rooster feathers from designvintage.co.uk [ £85 ]
2. Hanging shelf from amara.com [ £129 ]
3. Embroidered wall hanging from trouva.com [ £70 ]
4. Ceramic planters from westelm.co.uk [ from £16 ]
5. Decorative mirror from tindesign.co.uk [ from £39.95 ]
6. Hanging basket from bohemiadesign.co.uk [ £15 ]
7. Hanging candle holder from trouva.com [ £16 ]
8. Cotton wall hanging from trouva.com [ £40 ]
9. Black hanging ring from Skandivis.co.uk [ £23.99 ]