home: follow friday [ Gayle
For our Friday follow we can’t help but want to shout about one of our favourite print designers – Gayle Mansfield Designs
They say ;
Between us, we design wall art, planners and seasonal ranges, always with simplicity, humour and a bit of word play at the heart of our work.
95% of the design ideas come from my head and start their lives sketched out in a notebook, and the other 5% come from Steve’s head. The ideas are then worked up and brought to life by Steve.
home: featured [ I LOVE MY TYPE ]
There’s no better place to find an assortment of incredible designs, artworks and illustrations to fill your walls, than at I LOVE MY TYPE.
The beautiful collection, with regular new designs, would suit many homes and also collate perfectly into a gallery wall.
There’s something for every room including gorgeous fun illustrated pieces for the children’s rooms.
Their statement– Typograhically designed posters with positive and life-affirming statements – for yourself or as a present for someone you love – is a true summing up of the range.
Offered in different sizes and with good prices, it would be easy to get carried away shopping!
home: featured [ prints ]
It’s time to to adorn your walls with more great prints and we love the designs from Telegramme Paper Co. And until midnight there’s an extra good reason to shop with them – take advantage of their up-to-40% prints and fill your walls!
With a joint love of fine paper goods and the lost joy of sending and receiving post, Bobby & Kate Evans started the now award winning
Telegramme Paper Co. in London in 2014.
Now based out of their studio by the sea in Margate, they apply their unique illustration style to art prints, greetings cards, personalised gifts and stationery. As well as taking commissions from clients as varied as Penguin, Habitat, Random House, Vodafone, Warner music and Condé Nast.
They exhibit their artwork and products across Europe and the US, and are stocked in shops and galleries across the world, as well as selling from their own online store, Telegramme.co.uk
home: featured [ On A Sixpence ]
If you need something original, unique and personal graphic design print then the incredible works of On A Sixpence might be just the perfect thing.
Browse the online store for the range of designed prints relating to sport, literature and music.
I love sport, films, numbers and good design.
This is my first attempt to consolidate my interests. I complete all the research and design the prints. It’s a labour of love.
Each image is finished as a beautiful Giclee print on heavy weight Hahnemühle fine art paper to the size noted.
And each print can be customised to the buyer’s wishes.
home: event [ Beazley Designs of the Year ]
This September head to the Design Museum and explore Beazley Designs of the Year, an exhibition showcasing the most innovative designs from fashion, architecture, graphic design and more.
‘Now in its twelfth year, Beazley Designs of the Year is the Design Museum’s annual celebration of the most original and exciting products, concepts and designers in the world today.
Explore how the future is fast becoming the present with newly-developed materials, innovative ways of managing scarce resources, playful designs for all ages and local communities claiming new spaces for themselves’
Tickets go on sale 20th July
home: event [ Cornflakes to Cola ]
With a celebration of the 150th anniversary of Sainsbury’s, The Design Museum, London has put on a playful display showcasing graphic design from their products in the 60’s & 70’s.
This exhibition explores how these designs influenced customers shopping behaviour, then and now.
A fascinating insight into a commercial business, being the first self service store in the UK. Understandably the focus for customers was on the nice packaging!
home: favourite thing [ postcode prints ]
New, to the already super range of prints available from Gayle Mansfield Designs, is the postcode-prints. Get any postcode created into one of these cool typography designs, in a tonely perfect choice of colours.
The perfect print to adorn a wall in your home, to personalise it to your town, village or borough.
It would make a perfect house warming gift too!
Available in sizes A4 (£13.50) all the way up to 61x91cm £45) and in a choice of 10 perfectly thought out colourways.
home: favourite thing [ prints ]
Just when you think you’ve bought all the prints for all your walls, Cissywears brings in this perfectly graphic designed range of Hotel Magique prints – available online and in store (excitingly in the newly re-opened store in South East London)
Available for £40 each / size A3
We’d definitely suggest using the John Lewis slim profile oak frames from their House range (£30) to frame them.