home: trend [ sculptured lighting ]
We are spoilt for choice when it comes to lighting. With the ever increasing number of new designs and re workings of old ones, it’s difficult to know where to begin.
Lighting as with all home decor is personal taste but sometimes we all need a little direction, so with that in mind a new trend for 2017 is sculptured lighting.
Strong angles and shapes currently dominate lighting departments, with geometric, 1920s and organic designs proving popular. Moulded one piece task lamps and curved wood pendants give fluidity and cast amazing light when on. And when not on they become works of art.
Globes are featuring big at the moment, in the form of clusters or individually. White is an obvious colour choice bit if you are feeling brave consider a bright colour, perfect set against a neutral room.
Consider how the lighting works in each room, do you want it to blend in to its surroundings or stand out as a centre piece. The current choice online is amazing with favourites trouva.com, rockettstgeorge.co.uk, and johnlewis.com, having vast collections of on-trend and modern lighting.
1. Five light pendant from grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £185 ]
2. Orb ceiling pendants from westelm.co.uk [ from £159 ]
3. Gregg pendant from trouva.com [ £136 ]
4. Normann Copenhagen pendant from trouva.com [ £75 ]
5. Tom Raffield pendant from johnlewis.co.uk [ £245 ]
8. Geometric pendant from grahamandgreen.co.uk [ £375 ]
9. Table lamp from habitat.co.uk [ £45 ]